Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mike's Writer's Strike Memory Scrapbook

Let’s face it gang, the life of a Letterman page is anything but easy. However, we all enjoy being there and the experience is something that we will cherish always in our lives. Forever. However, everyone in the Letterman page program has been thrown a curve with the current writer’s strike – putting us in a very strange, disenchanted position. During this timultuous period, I decided to keep a memory scrapbook so I can capture this exact strike-filled time of my life for future reminicing sessions. Here now, is Mike Hadge’s Writer’s Strike Memory Scrapbook. …

Strike Day 1: Wow, so I got a call from Jennifer Ray today, telling me that the writer’s have gone on strike and that we won’t be working for the next couple of days. Sweet – 4 day weekend! Nice! Time to get my biz-ooze on.

Strike Day 3: Okay, got another call from Jennifer Ray today, letting me know that we’re not going to be working for the rest of the week. Okay, that’s cool – it just gives me the week off. Suh-weet ass! Time to get my biz-eer on!

Strike Day 5: Man, this time off is great. I’ve got to catch up with some old friends, and watch some old Tivo’d episodes of Pushing Daisies. Ha, guess I won’t be falling behind on that show during this writer’s strike. It was great, I didn’t even wear socks today! Wow, I don’t think any bad could possibly come out of this strike. It’s like I get a free vacation with a job just waiting for me in the meantime! Awesome! Gtg, gotta go get my biz-udwiser on!

Strike Day 6: Omg, I haven’t gone outside in like three days, can you believe it? Lol.

Strike Day 7: Um…so…we’re not working for the next few days, either apparently. Thanks to Jennifer Ray for letting me know so soon, so at least, I mean, I can make plans for the next week. This break is a tad bit longer then I’d originally expected but hey, it’ll be…fun…fine…fun and fine. I’m sure the writer’s will work something out before long and we’ll be back in the saddle in no time. It’s cool though, I didn’t even have to wear pants today! Oh that reminds me, I have a shindig with the other pages tomorrow - gotsta set my alarm for 2:30PM, bright and early.

Strike Day 9: Man, I hope we get back soon, I’m getting a little antsy. I mean, I randomly asked a woman for her ID on the street today, just to make sure she was over 18 – she was. (Still got it!) Also, I saw a homeless man in the subway clapping to the beat of his own nonsensical ramblings for spare change. That man makes more money than I currently do.

Strike Day 10: Money has gotten a bit tighter than normal – who knew a $200 check could go such a long way? – but I’ve taken it as an opportunity to be a bit more creative. For instance, for lunch today I invented a dish I like to call processed American Cheese Surprise. Well, it’s really just American cheese…but it’s on a napkin. Surprise! Free life is still sweet though…I rewatched some of those Pushing Daisies episodes just to see if there were any jokes I’d missed the first time. There weren’t. Check this out though – I didn’t even put a shirt on today! Rock and roll!

Strike Day 11: What day of the week is it? Isn’t that so funny, I don’t even know anymore! I drank for the 12th day in a row at this point, but it’s not a problem or anything. It’s just casual, I could stop whenever I want. Stop looking at me like that, scrapbook! Well, it’s 5:30 in the AM, bout time I retired to my quarters.

Strike Day 12: Someone wrote on my facebook wall this morning, that was kinda cool. Also, I got a neat email ad for 20% off an item at Borders with my rewards card. Things are starting to turn around, methinks . I feel like any day now we’ll be right back in the game, yeah, anytime now Jennifer Ray will call with fantastic news! I’m sure of it! Also, wore nothing today.

Strike Day 12 (updated after call): Alright, not working for another…week….stay strong…breathe…

Strike Day 13: Rolled out of bed at 3:46PM – just in time to see the sunset! My breakfast today was remembering a time when I had a Nutrigrain bar. Yes, remembering it. But things may turn around – there have been rumors that Letterman is planning on paying his entire staff until the strike is over! Finally, a change of luck!

Strike Day 14: Jk.

Strike Day 15: I’d have shaved today, but I can’t recall the specifics of the procedure. Lord, I would choke a nun to be able to tell someone to put away their cell phone. Is that so much to ask? Got another call from someone congratulating me on getting paid during the strike. It was the first time I’d called my grandmother a c*******ing s*** c*** ***hole.

Strike Day 16: Woke up, checked email, ate, retired to quarters.

Strike Day 17: Woke up, cried, retired to quarters.

Strike Day 18: Woke up, retired to quarters.

Strike Day 19: Retired to quarters.

Strike Day 20: Chckled emale..noshowz..thanksgivisxk….contempl8ing peacvecorrr…..

Strike Day 21: (Page in scrapbook eaten)

Strike Day 22: (writing not legible…but smells like seizures.)

Strike Day 23: (crude drawings of ugly stick figures holding picket signs with the word “righters” and an arrow pointing to them, there are also stink lines coming up from said stick figures. It’s all just very immature, really)

Strike Day 24: lalala

Strike Day 25: All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boyAll strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy All strike and no page makes Hadge a dull boy

No comments: